A day in suburbia with this housewife, her hubby, two kids and things that go BOOM.

Stand back. This sucker's gonna blow.

Friday, August 5, 2011

Go, Heroes, Go!

My dearest friends Craig and Trish, pals and riders will soon stretch their hammies, pump their tires and get ready to hit the road for the Pan Mass Challenge- the annual fundraising ride to support life-saving cancer research and treatment. I am far from being able to trek 80 miles on a bike, so the very least I can do is cheer on these amazing riders as they roll through my otherwise unexciting town. It's something the kids look forward to every year.



Team Bike HERoes is exactly that: a team of everyday heroes pedaling, sweating and blistering (and since dudes have joined the formerly all-girl team: shaving) to help raise money and awareness to battle this terrible disease.

Please join me in cheering them on, either on the side of the road as they speed by, or in your heart. Or if you are able, with your wallet. Cheers and support keep the riders going in mind and body, and 100 percent of rider-raised funds go to the Jimmy Fund of the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute.

I can't think of a better way to say, "Fuck you, cancer."

And Traci, we love you.

Whether my friends hit the road for their first ride or their ninth, I am always amazed at their energy and joy during the journey.

Godspeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment