A day in suburbia with this housewife, her hubby, two kids and things that go BOOM.

Stand back. This sucker's gonna blow.

Sunday, August 21, 2011

To my big girl

Tonight was the first night in there: your own bedroom. Last week, we pulled off the nursery's animal alphabet border and rolled on soft lavender paint. I won't lie; it was hard to say goodbye to the rolling hills, small cottages and happy trees I painted when your brother was in my belly.

But I can't say it was ever really your nursery. You wouldn't sleep in there. Rather, you would stand in the corner of the crib and wail, until you pooped yourself, threw up, or both. Yeah, I couldn't stand it either, and you usually spent the night nestled next to me in "the big bed."

Most nights, I roll over to find you there, twirling my hair as you fall back asleep.

You were happy to share a room with your brother. In fact, it's the only way I got you out of my bed. For the start of the evening anyway. Your twin beds made an "L" in the corner of his blue space-themed room while the nursery jammed full of toys, books and dress up clothes. When you both started talking about how cool it would be to have your own rooms, we knew you were ready. Even if I wasn't.



Sweet dreams, my little gal.

Although I'm sure I will see you before morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment