Almost everyone I know has their own cancer story: a family member or friend who triumphed over the disease, or sadly, succumbed to it. My dad died of colorectal cancer 5 years ago and he was a big supporter of the Jimmy Fund, telling me, "The only thing worse than suffering with this disease is knowing that there are children out there with it."

My BFF and sports idol Trish, nothing-short-of-superwoman Traci and even-gorgeous-in-a-helmet Heather teamed up for this year's ride. They rode wearing blue superhero capes, to which they pinned the names of family and friends who support the cause. I couldn't help but cry when I saw my dad's name. I know he would have been proud. And deemed them worthy of the capes.
Because of these amazing riders and volunteers, the PMC donates 100 percent of rider-raised funds to the Jimmy Fund of the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute. One. Hundred. Percent. I can't imagine ever regretting the dollars I've donated over the years.
But I do regret not being on a bike.
I love it! Thanks for coming out to support us. You have no idea what a boost it was to see all of the people along the way who were excited about our ride. No regrets about not biking. You did your part, and it was a big one. Next year we'll even let you put a link to our fundraising page on your blog so you can help with that too...
ReplyDeleteTraci
So proud of them all! And glad you were able to cheer them on---sorry I couldn't be there---they deserve all those cheers and many, many more.
ReplyDelete