A day in suburbia with this housewife, her hubby, two kids and things that go BOOM.

Stand back. This sucker's gonna blow.

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Time traveler

While snuggling with my sleepy boy this morning, after waking him up too early on a summer day for karate camp, we started talking about dreams and nun chucks and a new lego set with a time travel theme.

He asks, "Mom, if you could travel in time, would you go to the past or the future?"

"Um... Well there are plenty of time periods and points in history I would love to see for myself, but I guess seeing the future would be fascinating, too. "

While I'm deep in thought, he adds, "I'd like to travel back, so I could spend a few days with Opa."

I'm never quite prepared for those moments when my kids shatter my heart and simultaneously melt it back together.

1 comment: