I have a heavy heart.
Just yesterday we were in Boston. My little girl loves riding the subway more than anything. As I traced my fingers along the map of tangled red and green and orange lines, I explained how she should know her way around. She should not be afraid of this great city. A city we love to visit. Where she may someday go to college. Where she may work.
We got off at the Copley Square stop, just across the street from an enormous white tent which would serve as the medical station for the marathon runners. We marveled at all the athletes, families, volunteers and spectators who were already celebrating this wonderful event... a race that highlights the human spirit, amazing strength and sheer will.
We heard reports of explosions today. Many hurt. Two killed. Mere feet from where we stood the day before.
How do I tell her not to be afraid? As the dear (Mr.) Fred Rogers reminds me, we look for the helpers. There were so many of them. But I still can't help to be terrified. And pray for this city and for all its families.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment