
Yesterday marked my baby's first day of preschool. And my firstborn's first day* of kindergarten. And mommy's first (of many, I'm sure) mini-breakdowns as I watched the bus drive down the street with my baby on board.
This weekend, I also met my dear friends' first glorious baby boy, and was reminded just how tiny my babies once were and how quickly they grow.

I know every mom goes through this. It's a blast watching your children grow from shiny babies into independent, smart, funny people. And while I'm trying to appreciate this wonderful week of firsts, I somehow can't shake "Cat's in the Cradle" that keeps playing through my brain.
[deep breaths]
(*His first day was postponed due to the threat of Hurricane Earl, which, turns out, was much ado about nothing.)
I'm still impressed by your chalk drawing! When did you do that? At 4am!?!?
ReplyDeleteAnd cute photo of Baby B. It is amazing how quickly the kids grow.
Wow,the chalk is a great idea! Why didn't I think of that? Anyway, I have had a similar experience this year with the sadness but happiness mixed together. Mine are in second and first grade. I'm so happy they are growing up and love love LOVE school. But I miss that baby stage, too. It's a transition to be sure.
ReplyDelete