A day in suburbia with this housewife, her hubby, two kids and things that go BOOM.

Stand back. This sucker's gonna blow.

Friday, May 14, 2010

Ladies, ladies

What can be sweeter than a cute widdle ladybug? All bright red and round and cheerful...

...until they hang out in my upstairs office, basking in the sun-filled windows. I do my best to catch and release them outside, where they will survive and do some good eating the aphids off my roses. Alas, this is what I pull from my windowsills for weeks each spring. It's been the same way for ten years, and each time I clean up their dry, hollow bodies, I'm filled with guilt... and horror. Any ideas?


IEEEEEEEEE

2 comments:

  1. I'd get your friendly little pest guy to come up and poke around---they have to be getting in somewhere, right? Then try to plug it up and hope they go away. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yup, paint your house a darker color. Seriously.... the Lady Bugs are confused and think your house is where they are suppose to nest and bread based on the color!
    I had my pest guy come in and he said, yep, they are attracted to the color of your house, they sneak in the windows between the screen and then work their way in the side (you know the part you push in to fold windows down towards you?). Really nothing you can do about it other than to scoop them up and relocate them.

    ReplyDelete