A day in suburbia with this housewife, her hubby, two kids and things that go BOOM.

Stand back. This sucker's gonna blow.

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Get down with your founding fathers


For years, my son has had an unexplained fear of Yo Gabba Gabba. He would exclaim, "I don't like this show!" whenever a trailer hit Nick Jr. and frantically repeat until I hit the remote. This happened right after watching the doughy Aquabats perform, so perhaps I should blame them. Or DJ Lance Rock, because let's face it, he's a leetle on the creepy side.

So I find it funny that my kids have this new pastime. In Yo Gabba Gabba-fashion, they boogie around the living room, taking turns calling out various names:

"My name is Nathan. I like to dance!"

"My name is Mary. I like to dance!"

"My name is Johnny. I like to dance!"

Etcetera. For a looong time.

The little man made me spit-take my coffee this morning with a new one.

"My name is Thomas Jefferson. I like to dance!"

No comments:

Post a Comment