A day in suburbia with this housewife, her hubby, two kids and things that go BOOM.

Stand back. This sucker's gonna blow.

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Cars and trucks and things that go

When talking about cars, a former coworker commented to a mutual friend that "you don't seem very minivanish." It's a compliment, indeed, to be told that you look cooler than your sensible vehicle of choice. So when we rented a minivan, the modern-day station wagon, on our recent trip to Florida, I expected to hate it.

But I didn't.

The seats were comfy. There was plenty of room for two car seats, my mom (who is usually forced to squeeze between said car seats), and luggage. And, the kicker for me: doors that opened and closed with a mere push of a button.

Perhaps we got too comfortable with not having to (the horror!) shut doors with our own hands. As we backed out of a space, no one noticed that we neglected to close the trunk door. Except my not-yet-three-year-old daughter, who was sitting in the last row and exclaimed to my husband:

"Jamie! You forgot to close the window!"

Boy, she sounded like her mom.

1 comment:

  1. Heh. I will admit to being addicted to my minivan for sure, and now that my little key FOB doesn't work, I have to open and close all the doors BY HAND. Oh, the humanity!

    ReplyDelete