A day in suburbia with this housewife, her hubby, two kids and things that go BOOM.

Stand back. This sucker's gonna blow.

Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Nine

Hard to believe. Nine years ago, right about this time, your dad and I were just getting to know you, our new baby boy. I'm not exactly sure how quickly time passed after you were born at 11:05, but I sure know the time leading up to your birth cranked along, so quickly in fact, we thought you may have a May 7 birthday. Perhaps about now you were still being measured, checked and weighed. Or we were marveling at how alert you were. Or you were already snuggled up, while the nurses arranged for us to sleep in the delivery room in an over-booked hospital.

I know the time since that day has flown by. You are a smart, funny, talkative, generous, hilarious, sensitive, and bubbly big boy. I can't wait to see what comes next, but I will. As I would like it all to slow down just a bit more. Happy Birthday, dude.

You asked for a trident cake. Wishes always granted for demigods.

No comments:

Post a Comment