A day in suburbia with this housewife, her hubby, two kids and things that go BOOM.

Stand back. This sucker's gonna blow.

Saturday, November 26, 2011

Two sisters, their families and a whole lot of talking

I was cleaning up our arts and crafts supplies after Thanksgiving when I came across a few sheets of paper filled with words. It appears my nieces were eavesdropping on the conversation during dinner. As I read through their notes, I recalled more than one funny conversation from the day and can't help but appreciate the budding reporters.

Heading: What Karen is saying
"Jamie went to a conference."
"Mine! What are you making?"
"Oh, I left out butter so you could make cookies."
"ha ha ha ha oh so funny"
"It was so scary."
"I'm just glad my name doesn't rhyme."
"He did when he was a little kid."
"Ok, antisocial Burrows."
"I've got the one n Quins! I've got the two n Quinns!"
"Yah, I watch it a lot."
"Joe says he is so weird. Joe, that is YOU!"
"Put everything near the sink."

Heading: What Christina is saying
"I remember her when she was a little girl."
"I just don't get it."
"That's what's happening to our neighbor."
"So it's like OK"
"She would like that."
"It's just hard to tell."
"Dante, is that comfortable? Look at Dante. He says that is comfortable."
"Well, that's what I said!"
"Ho ho"
"Yah!"

Heading: Things they are saying
"Beautiful" - Florence
"Oh, wow!" - John
"I think you have a lot to clean up upstairs." - Pop
"Spring Phoebe!" - John
"What are you doin'?" - Pop
"I'm going to a D.I. Thing." - Christina
"Yup." - Jamie
"Oh, that was a nice little walk." - Oma
"Guys, can we move the stuff to the other room?" - Karen
"Let's have some food!" - Christina

2 comments:

  1. LOL! How did they do this!??! So funny! I can't wait to show them this in the morning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I was DYING. And there is another sheet I found after that included these gems: "lafing. do you wat coffee?" and "Pebe looks liks she is going to the beh. Wot are doing? My dad just tak a pisk."

    ReplyDelete