A day in suburbia with this housewife, her hubby, two kids and things that go BOOM.
Stand back. This sucker's gonna blow.
Friday, September 23, 2011
Be prepared
...for mommy to run around like a madwoman before your first den meeting, fold your kerchief with that slide doohickey, tuck in your gigantic shirt so you can walk, and slap patches on. (Thank goodness for patch magic.)
As of this weekend I'm a den leader too. Still struggling with the dorky outfits. Wondering how long I can avoid the uniform before they'll say something.
Hah, cute! For D's first meeting, I threw his shirt on (untucked), put his kerchief and that metal thing in a bag and shoved him in the door of his meeting hall, figuring someone would dress him properly. Still haven't gotten the patches on. . .
I'm a full-time mom, playmate, maid and short-order cook as well as a freelance PR and communications pro. Ok, so lately freelance really means retired. Well the work is much harder now and the pay sucks, but the benefits are great. And the drinks are cold.
As of this weekend I'm a den leader too. Still struggling with the dorky outfits. Wondering how long I can avoid the uniform before they'll say something.
ReplyDeleteHah, cute! For D's first meeting, I threw his shirt on (untucked), put his kerchief and that metal thing in a bag and shoved him in the door of his meeting hall, figuring someone would dress him properly. Still haven't gotten the patches on. . .
ReplyDelete