A day in suburbia with this housewife, her hubby, two kids and things that go BOOM.

Stand back. This sucker's gonna blow.

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Paper hearts. Torn.

I heart Valentine's Day. Well, I dig just about any holiday, as it's a valid excuse to release my inner craft nerd. Especially when it comes to making valentines.

My kids love it, too. We've made candy pouches, hand-print flowers and packaged Play Doh for classroom valentines.



This year, I've been itching to make lollies and leis and even little monsters.

When my son's kindergarten class issued a "no candy" rule, I was rattled, but knew we could come up with something fabulous. But I was not ready for dissension within the ranks.

"Mommy, I want to pick out my valentines this year. At the store."

*shatter*

1 comment:

  1. And so it goes. . .wow, i had no idea your crafty son would go the route of Hot Wheels cards. Next, he'll want a Chuck E Cheese birthday party! (sob)

    and I have to have a gazillion cards ready for Monday and I wont' even be here Sunday or Monday! come over here with your crafts and I have three kids who need someone to get cards done! ; )

    ReplyDelete