A day in suburbia with this housewife, her hubby, two kids and things that go BOOM.

Stand back. This sucker's gonna blow.

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Ready, set, gobble

OK. It isn't just me, is it? Everyone I know seems to be scrambling for Thanksgiving. Maybe it's the unseasonably warm weather. Or that we still have Halloween candy. Or that Thanksgiving has become this poor, forgotten holiday smooshed between the two other "fun" ones? Heck, we're listening to Christmas music already.

Nevertheless, Thanksgiving remains my favorite holiday. No gifts. No rushing around. No yelling at the kids to hurry up, let's go. It's one day all about family and friends and food and giving thanks that we are fortunate to have one another.

But even I can't seem to get it together this year. I haven't baked, shopped or finished planning a menu.

And then I remembered this guy from last year and perhaps I just got inspired. Now I just have to summon the courage to hit the grocery store with two kids.


(Our fruit turkey was based on this adorable creation from Family Fun magazine.)

2 comments:

  1. What? You haven't made him again this year? That's IT! I'm not coming!

    totallykidding,I'llbetherewouldn'tmissitfortheworld
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. You set the bar pretty high on Halloween. Oh and yah, I picked up two bottles of red.

    ReplyDelete