The Top Ten Reasons I'm psyched to have Christina as my sister:
10. She's the one who convinced me to write this dang blog in the first place. Because she knows I won't remember to write memories and funny sayings in my kids' baby books and I will later hate myself for it. And she reads it. Subsequently, she won't roll her eyes because I ripped off her idea for commemorating my birthday. Or because I only came up with ten reasons.

9. She put up with a little sister who, instead of pounding the pavement and proving she was dependable and honest, scored most babysitting gigs and summer jobs by simply being "Christina's little sister."
8. My husband loves her. Oh, but not in a creepy way. Well, unless you count that time he wondered if he married the wrong sister because she shares his love of strawberry rhubarb pie. (Yeah, I know.)

7. She never "shushes" me because I talk too loud. She understands it's genetic.
6. Even though she's been a vegetarian most of her adult life, she doesn't preach about it and has never, ever suggested tofurkey for Thanksgiving dinner.
5. She's funny. Most often when she isn't even trying. And sometimes when she's not on Twitter.

4. She willingly suffered permanent hearing loss by coming with me to see my favorite band perform in concert... and joined me onstage so we would look equally ridiculous throwing fried chicken during another... and has never suggested that perhaps we should reconsider our music choices.
3. I instantly feel like a kid again when I watch her run and jump off the end of the dock. Holding her nose.
2. She has built a warm, happy home full of children so wonderful and loving, my two kids would rather spend an afternoon there than at Disneyland.
1. Whether it is working, running, cooking, photography, teaching or learning, she never, ever stops trying to improve herself. Even though the rest of us think she is great just the way she is.

So, happy day, Christina. Thank you for always being my best friend, mentor and cheerleader. I'm thankful to have you as a big sister. And equally thankful we now have better hair.
Mmmm Strawberry Rhubarb Pie.
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday Christina!
I love the relationship you and Christina have. And this is a very nice tribute to her.
ReplyDelete:-)
BTW, funny must run in the family, cause you two are some of the funniest people I know!
PS. Sorry about the grammar in my post above.
ReplyDelete:-)
The hair! The hair!
ReplyDeleteThank you for this lovely birthday card. I'm a little alarmed that i'm as old as mom was in the above photo!
And, mmmmmm. . .pie. Figures I'd marry a guy who hates pie.
Much love to you. xoxoxoxo
Karen,
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful post! She sure is the rockstar in our family, I'm more of a roadie.
A couple comments:
- is that a glass of spirits in the first picture? As the father of two daughters - I understand
- Jillian has inherited Christinas ability to be funny without trying. Oh no honey, we're totally laughing _with_ you not at you (whatev!)
- pie sucks. cookies and ice cream forever bitches!
Ref-- Ha. I didn't even see the glass before. Of course there's a glass. I like the composition of that photo-- like the table and glass is where Oma is supposed to be standing.
ReplyDelete