Today we sit indoors listening to the endless torrential rain that has drowned sections of our town-- waiting, hoping and praying for it to end. While I realize we are fortunate not to have water in our basement, or even our living room, as I've watched on the local news, this is maddening. The wetlands next door and the pond behind our property have swollen and are now spilling into our yard, inching closer to the house.
My nerves are shot and my temper is very short with the kids. I shush them and walk away as I make frantic phone calls about the state of our septic system, our well water and the very tall pines next to our garage that are ominously swaying, their roots barely holding on to the soggy ground.
To distract the kids, I suggested putting on a movie.
Their choice?
Ponyo.
WTFAREYOUKIDDING??
No comments:
Post a Comment