A day in suburbia with this housewife, her hubby, two kids and things that go BOOM.

Stand back. This sucker's gonna blow.

Monday, February 15, 2010

Hogs and kisses

Dear Wilton,

I admit it. Your company revolutionized the world of cake decorating. Heck, when I was a kid, I used to flip through the glossy pages of your decorator's guide, ooh-ing and ahh-ing at each glorious frosting creation.

Sure, I realize that this cake pan is from the 70's, when fondant was a mystery and people still used the wrist-cramping, star-tip method to cover cakes. With my mad craft skillz, I could make this look festive. But when I flipped the cake from your (lead-free?!) mold and slathered it in pink frosting, I couldn't help but think it looked like a big "W". Or the Weezer logo. Or a set of healthy lungs. Instead we went with this:



Oink.

Well, I guess it could be worse, as my sister would point out when she tried out your yummy rare-in-the-center giant cupcake mold. (Yep, those are shims to keep it from imploding.)



Baked,
Mrs. Q.

No comments:

Post a Comment